Everglades City FL Bankruptcy Attorney
We understand that struggling with overwhelming debt can be stressful. With your financial future on the line, regaining control of your finances may seem like an impossible task. Fortunately, an Everglades City FL bankruptcy attorney can help. Whether you’re considering bankruptcy or alternatives to bankruptcy, please contact Ryan J. Really Attorney at Law PLLC today.
Helping You Regain Control of Your Finances
Our experienced Everglades City FL bankruptcy attorney can assist in reorganizing or discharging your debt. After speaking with our attorney about your case, we can help you figure out the best solution for your circumstances. We’re qualified in the following types of bankruptcy and alternatives to bankruptcy:
- Filing for Chapter 7
- Filing for Chapter 13
- Bankruptcy for small businesses
- Personal bankruptcy
- Defense against foreclosure
- Debt negotiation
We have both the legal experience and resources needed to help you regain control of your personal finances.
Chapter 7 Filing Requirements
When you file for Chapter 7, you gain the following advantages:
- Discharging all or nearly all of your debt
- Stopping creditor harassment
- Achieving debt relief quicker than most other types of bankruptcy
Qualifying for Chapter 7 bankruptcy requires passing the means test. During the means test, your disposable income will be compared to the average income of other individuals in similar circumstances.
Do you think you qualify for Chapter 7 bankruptcy? Contact our Everglades City FL bankruptcy attorney to find out if this is the best debt solution for you.
Chapter 13 Filing Requirements
When you file for Chapter 13, you can reorganize your debt in an effort to pay them off in a repayment plan that spans 3 to 5 years. Chapter 13 also provides the following benefits:
- Foreclosure defense
- Creditor harassment protection
- Drafting a reasonable payment plan
- Discharging your debt after the expiration of your plan schedule
- Cramming down debt for repayment
Considering filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy? Contact our Everglades City FL bankruptcy attorney to find out if you qualify.
Small Business Bankruptcy Options
Owning a small business poses many risks. One of those risks is taking on overwhelming debt. If your debt is too much to handle, and you need help regaining your finances, our experienced legal team will help you.
Typically, small business bankruptcy allows for the following two options:
- Filing for Chapter 7: this liquidation bankruptcy lets you sell off your assets to pay off creditors, and then dissolve the business
- Filing for Chapter 11: this restructuring bankruptcy lets you reorganize debt in order to pay off creditors over time
Let our seasoned Everglades City FL bankruptcy attorney help you get your small business’ finances back in order.
Providing Foreclosure Defense
If you’re struggling with overwhelming debt, you might also not be able to make your monthly mortgage payments. This positions your home in serious risk of foreclosure. Do not risk your most important asset. We can help you halt foreclosure and defend your home.
Filing for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 forces the court to issue an “automatic stay”. This legal order prevents creditors from collecting on your debt. With our experience, you can effectively file for bankruptcy as well as defend your home from foreclosure.
Need more options for defense against foreclosure? We can also provide the following:
- Modification of mortgage
- Loss mitigation
- Beating the 20 day foreclosure clock
In order to successfully halt foreclosure and defend your home requires quick and tenacious action. Fortunately, our Everglades City FL bankruptcy attorney can help you protect your home.
Is Debt Negotiation Beneficial?
The advantage of debt negotiation is that it offers a chance to negotiate with creditors as well as to develop an affordable payment plan. Though, remember, there is a catch.
Most often, debt negotiation services do not take your best interests into consideration. Furthermore, these services won’t even utilize productive strategies of negotiation against your creditors. It is vital that you’re aware of the following facts when dealing with debt negotiation services:
- Many of these services are not completely legitimate. In the past, the Federal Trade Commission has documented cases where fraudulent negotiation services actually drove customers deeper into debt.
- Some organizations may guarantee that they can get your creditors to negotiate. However, in reality, creditors aren’t always willing to negotiate.
- In most cases, even if the negotiation service can get your creditors to negotiate, they still cannot get all your debt settled.
Because of these facts about debt negotiation services, we strongly advise you contact an Everglades City FL bankruptcy attorney to see if this is the best option for you.
Consult an Everglades City FL Bankruptcy Attorney Today
You do not have to face mounting debt alone. Our knowledgeable legal team at Ryan J. Really Attorney at Law PLLC is here to help. Regain control of your finances by speaking with our Everglades City FL bankruptcy attorney today.